Photographing babies is challenging and a lot of fun as well. My experiences with photographing babies have been delightful. They smile from the heart and express what they really feel, unlike us adults. When a child smiles eye-to-eye, it boosts my confidence, that I’m doing a great job and that things are going well.
Though it is fun, it is a great responsibility as well. One has to take care of a lot of things. Not only the parents but the photographer should also be alert while clicking photographs of babies especially newborns (5-10 days old). Babies are very delicate and anything can hurt them. A lot can go wrong, though the probability is very low, but why take chances? Make sure your photographer keeps the safety of your child first especially when setting up lighting and other equipment.
There are some tips that you should keep in mind before going for a baby photo shoot.
1. Book your shoot in advance keeping your due date in mind. The ideal time for booking a newborn photo shoot is 1-2 months before the due date. This will not only give you time to get things ready for the photo shoot (like toys etc) but it will also give time to the photographer to get his/her appropriate equipment ready for the shoot.
2. Keep your child's favorite toys, pacifiers etc. with you, ready all the time during the shoot. Photoshoots can be irritating for babies, especially when flash or external lights are used. This can make your baby irritable.
3. Be ready to act like a clown. Babies sometimes like to 'not smile' when we want them to. To make them smile. Both photographers and parents need to act silly just to make them laugh. However, no one can make a baby laugh if he/she doesn’t want to! Get ready for some funny faces.
4. Always carry your baby's requirements with you, e.g.: Water, diapers, food, brushes etc. Sometimes shoots can go on for long hours just to capture priceless moments.
5. Keep yourself free. Be ready to cancel all appointments, meeting etc. for a day. A shoot usually takes not more than 2 hours; however, it can go on for hours.
Here is an info graph that might be helpful for you for your planning/bookings.
Hope this article was helpful for you. Just a few more tips. You are going for a photoshoot that will preserve this beautiful moment for you to enjoy all your life. So, relax, have fun and go with an open mind. No need to set rules for yourself and for the shoot. Just keep it sweet and simple, don't expect it will be perfect, it will never be but that’s the beauty of it. Embrace your child's quirky smiles and those shrill cries. These moments are rare and you get a chance to experience them only once in a lifetime.
Here are some links from where you can purchase baby props for your baby's shoot:
You can view The Creative Durbar Baby Photographs on facebook
Like - Rate - Share
To book contact us
PH: 8318068776 / 8853363327 / 8052329747
or e-mail us